June 8, 2017
- 1 cup butter (salted or unsalted)
- ½ ounce dried cannabis
- If desired, decarboxylate the cannabis (to release the active THC) by grinding it and then spreading the cannabis onto a baking sheet evenly. Bake it at 220-240 degrees Fahrenheit (104-116 degrees Celsius) for 30-45 minutes. This can be done ahead of time.
- Add the butter to a saucepan and very carefully melt on low heat, slowly and gently simmering the butter. If overheated the butter will blacken and burn.
- Add the cannabis and simmer gently for at least 30 minutes and up to an hour, or until the butter turns green and the top of the mixture turns from watery to glossy and thick.
- Carefully strain the butter mixture using a cheesecloth or fine mesh sieve.
- Chill the canna butter in the fridge until solid, storing it in an airtight container that’s clearly marked.