Canna S’mores Bars
July 3, 2018
Canna S’mores Bars
Let’s face it, although there are many wonderful reasons to love camping, at the top of most people’s list is the chance to heat and eat some ooey gooey s’mores. We’ve taken the need for nature out of the equation by cooking up a recipe for a batch of baked infused s’mores bars. These cannabis s’mores can be wrapped up and eaten on the go, whether you’re camping in the wilderness or camping in a friend’s living room. This recipe starts with homemade canna cream and includes canna butter as well. However, it’s up to your tolerance level and preference to decide how much infused ingredients you want to add.
- ½ cup infused cannabis cream (recipe below)
- ½ cup regular cream*
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons canna butter, melted**
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- After preheating the oven to 350° F (180° C), lightly butter and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan warm the combined regular and canna cream until it begins to bubble around the edges. Remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate chips and slowly stir until the ganache mixture is fully combined and thick.
- Set the ganache aside to cool as you work on the bottom layer of the bar.
- In a bowl combine the crushed graham crackers and sugar, add the melted butter and stir until all of the mixture is well incorporated.
- Transfer the graham mixture to the baking pan and press down gently using the bottom of a cup or other flat tool.
- Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes and let cool.
- After cooled, pour the ganache on top of the graham layer and spread evenly. Place in the fridge until the ganache is firm.
- Add the marshmallows on top of the ganache, creating an even layer that covers the chocolate as much as possible.
- Place the baking dish under a broiler and broil until the marshmallows turn golden brown. Don’t leave them unattended, as it can take only 30 seconds to brown, depending on your broiler. If you have a fancy culinary torch, you can use that instead.
- Cut into 12 equal servings.
*Depending on the strength of your canna cream and your tolerance level, you can play around with the proportions of infused to non-infused cream.
**If you don’t have any canna butter on hand, feel free to use more canna cream and regular butter.
More indulgent than canna milk and more versatile than you probably realize, infused whipping cream can be added to coffee, whipped up or used to create mashed potatoes, soups and anything else that calls for cream.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 6 grams decarboxylated cannabis or Maker’s Mix
- Bring your cream to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the cannabis and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the cannabis bits using a fine mesh strainer. Alternatively, you can bundle the cannabis in a cheesecloth sachet and add it to the boiling cream, which will result in not needing to strain afterwards.
- Let the cream cool completely, unless using it warm for a specific recipe.
NOTE: The strength of your canna cream and butter should be dependent on your individual needs and tolerances. If your infused oil is particularly strong, consider using only half infused and half non-infused, or whatever ratio works best for your specific needs. It’s incredibly important to keep your edibles out of reach of children or anyone else in your household who should not be using them. Make sure your edibles are properly marked and stashed safely away.
Dosing remains highly individualized and varies according to your symptoms and strength of the cannabis strain being used. As a general rule, try and maintain easily understood ratios between amounts of cannabis and butter or oil being infused. If your infused oil or butter is particularly strong, consider using only half infused and half non-infused, or whatever ratio works best for your specific needs. It’s incredibly important to keep your edibles out of reach of children or anyone else in your household who should not be using them. Make sure your edibles are properly marked and stashed safely away.
It is important to remember to always “start low and go slow.”
Determining your optimal dose requires careful consideration and guidance from a healthcare professional. It is best to consult with your healthcare provider in order to determine your individual dose.