Canna Mac & Cheese
February 8, 2019
Canna Mac & Cheese
A perfect four cheese sauce enveloped in pasta and topped with a toasted parmesan bread crumb coating, this infused recipe makes a great side dish or can easily act as the main star at dinner. If you feel like adding some vegetables to all of this butter and cheese, we think a handful of broccoli would perfectly complement the cheesy noodles. Just slightly reduce the amount of pasta used to make room for the added vegetable of your choice.
Note: Determining your optimal dose requires careful consideration and guidance from a healthcare professional. It is best to consult with your healthcare provider in order to determine your individual dose of canna butter before trying this recipe.
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup canna butter
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 pound cooked macaroni pasta
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 177° C (350° F). In a large pot melt the ½ cup of regular and ½ cup canna butter at medium temperature, before whisking in the flour a little at a time until fully incorporated. (save the three teaspoons of regular butter for the topping).
- Slowly whisk in the milk, just a little at a time, and combine until smooth. Then add the salt, pepper and cayenne and mix again.
- Remove the pot from the heat and slowly add the cheddar, mozzarella and Swiss cheeses, as well as half of the parmesan cheese, stirring continuously.
- Once the sauce is completely smooth and creamy, add the pasta and mix well.
- Pour the macaroni and cheese to a greased oven-safe dish.
- In a bowl combine the rest of the parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and 3 tablespoons of butter before sprinkling on top of the macaroni and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the crust has turned golden brown.
Dosing remains highly individualized and varies according to your symptoms and strength of the cannabis strain being used. As a general rule, try and maintain easily understood ratios between amounts of cannabis and butter or oil being infused. If your infused oil or butter is particularly strong, consider using only half infused and half non-infused, or whatever ratio works best for your specific needs. It’s incredibly important to keep your edibles out of reach of children or anyone else in your household who should not be using them. Make sure your edibles are properly marked and stashed safely away.
It is important to remember to always “start low and go slow.”
Determining your optimal dose requires careful consideration and guidance from a healthcare professional. It is best to consult with your healthcare provider in order to determine your individual dose.