Get Creative with Maker’s Mix
April 12, 2018
Milled & Decarboxylated Cannabis Recipes Using Makers Mix
Emblem’s product collection just keeps growing and now it’s time to meet Maker’s Mix. These milled and decarboxylated cannabis blends are an expertly fused combination of our high-quality strains, available in three distinct varieties: sativa, indica and hybrid. Each Maker’s Mix blend is already pre-milled into small pieces and decarboxylated. This means when you want to make your own edibles or cannabis-infused topicals, much of the work is already done for you. Instead of having to grind, bake and cool your buds, simply grab a container of Maker’s Mix and you’re ready for the fun part.
As it’s decarbed before it’s packaged and sent directly to your door, Maker’s Mix is not meant to be vaporized or smoked. That’s what your big, beautiful Emblem dried flower buds are for! Instead, this new range of pre-milled products offers patients a lower priced option that’s ideally suited for baking and making. Try formulating your own canna-infused massage oil using one of our essential oil-blended recipes. Or if culinary creations are more your style, use Maker’s Mix to easily prepare your own canna butter and oil before adding them to your favourite recipes. For any of these ideas—including both cooking and topicals—you can use the LEVO oil infuser, which makes the process even easier! Sleek and automated, the LEVO produces canna oil or butter by infusing, straining and dispensing all on its own. But if you’d rather infuse the old-fashioned way, follow our basic recipes below using your Maker’s Mix:
Dosing remains highly individualized and varies according to your symptoms and strength of the cannabis strain being used. As a general rule, try and maintain easily understood ratios between amounts of cannabis and butter or oil being infused. If your infused oil or butter is particularly strong, consider using only half infused and half non-infused, or whatever ratio works best for your specific needs. It’s incredibly important to keep your edibles out of reach of children or anyone else in your household who should not be using them. Make sure your edibles are properly marked and stashed safely away.
It is important to remember to always “start low and go slow.”
Determining your optimal dose requires careful consideration and guidance from a healthcare professional. It is best to consult with your healthcare provider in order to determine your individual dose.
Infused Olive Oil
- 2 cups olive oil of your choice
- 1 ounce (28 grams) of Maker’s Mix
- Slowly heat the olive oil and Maker’s Mix together in a saucepan on the low setting for three hours, allowing the active ingredients in the cannabis to infuse within the oil. Stir frequently.
- Carefully strain the cannabis out of the oil and allow to fully cool.
- Your infused olive oil can be stored in the refrigerator or in a cool, dark place. Just make sure to clearly label the container.
- See full recipe here.
Infused Coconut Oil
Ingredients & Tools
- 350 ml coconut oil of your choice*
- 1 tbsp sunflower or soy lecithin
- 10 grams of Maker’s Mix
- Slow cooker (or cook over the stove carefully)
- Using a slow cooker here is much easier, but if you don’t have one you can make your oil in a saucepan set to very low, watching it regularly.
- Add your coconut oil and lecithin to your slow cooker, programmed to the warm or low setting.
- After the oil has melted, add your Maker’s Mix and stir.
- Cook on the warm or low setting for two to three hours before turning off the slow cooker and allowing the oil mixture to cool slightly.
- Strain the larger cannabis bits out of your oil and pour into an airtight container that’s clearly labelled. Store your Canna Coconut Oil in the refrigerator or a cool, dark place.
- See full recipe here.
*Note: Unrefined coconut oil (also known as virgin coconut oil) is better for low or medium heat cooking and has a stronger coconut flavour. Refined coconut oil can usually withstand higher temperatures before reaching the smoking point and has less of a coconut smell and taste.
- 1 cup butter (salted or unsalted)
- 14 grams of Maker’s Mix
- Add the butter to a saucepan and very carefully melt on low heat, slowly and gently simmering the butter. If overheated the butter will blacken and burn.
- Add your Maker’s Mix and simmer gently for at least 30 minutes and up to an hour, or until the butter turns green and the top of the mixture turns from watery to glossy and thick.
- Carefully strain your butter mixture using a cheesecloth or fine mesh sieve.
- Chill the canna butter in the fridge until solid, storing it in an airtight container that’s clearly marked.
- See full recipe here.
We have even more basic recipes on our website, including how to make your own infused almond milk and infused canna flour. Once you’re finished infusing you can use these ingredients in any recipe you like. From fruity breakfast smoothies to decadent chocolate truffles for dessert, visit our ever-expanding recipe collection for even more inspiration.
Ready to make something? Head to our shop now to discover your perfect Maker’s Mix match.