Infused Breakfast Fruit Crisp
March 12, 2019
INFUSED BREAKFAST FRUIT CRISP
Makes 6 servings
Full of a variety of vitamin-rich fruits and satiating oats and nuts, this baked crisp is sweetened with fruit juice and maple syrup. If berries are out of season, feel free to use frozen. This recipe makes six servings, and thus uses six prescribed dosages of your preferred Emblem Cannabis Oil.
NOTE: Determining your optimal dose requires careful consideration and guidance from a healthcare professional. It is best to consult with your healthcare provider in order to determine your individual dose before trying a cannabis recipe.
- ¾ cup almonds
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 ½ cup pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup apples, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2/3 cup peach, apple or other fruit juice
- 6 prescribed dosages of your Emblem Cannabis Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 190° C (375° F).
2. Using a food processor, crush the almonds until they transform into a fine, crumb-like consistency. If you don’t have a food processor place the almonds in a large sealable bag and smash them with a rolling pin.
3. In a large bowl add the ground almonds, oats, walnuts and salt, and mix well.
4. Add the coconut oil and maple syrup, stirring until fully incorporated.
5. In the bottom of a large baking dish, add all of the fruit in an even layer.
6. Cover the fruit with the oat nut topping and finally pour the fruit juice on top.
7. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until the fruit bubbles out at the edges of the dish and the topping is crisp.
8. Divide the crisp into six equal portions and serve warm. Portions not eaten immediately can easily be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Dosing remains highly individualized and varies according to your symptoms and strength of the cannabis strain being used. As a general rule, try and maintain easily understood ratios between amounts of cannabis and butter or oil being infused. If your infused oil or butter is particularly strong, consider using only half infused and half non-infused, or whatever ratio works best for your specific needs. It is extremely important to keep your edibles out of reach of children or anyone else in your household who should not be using them. Make sure your edibles are properly marked and stored safely away.
It is important to remember to always “start low and go slow.”