Infused Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
January 7, 2019
INFUSED SALTED CARAMEL HOT CHOCOLATE
Makes 8 servings
Made with both milk and dark chocolate, this easily infused version isn’t even in the same category as the cocoa from a packet. Using Emblem’s cannabis oil not only adds exact dosing, but you can infuse each cup individually allowing for a variety of doses (or a non-infused version for others). This recipe produces a very rich hot chocolate that is better sipped and savoured, rather than consumed quickly.
Note: Determining your optimal dose requires careful consideration and guidance from a healthcare professional. It is best to consult with your healthcare provider in order to determine your individual dose before trying this recipe.
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 ½ cups milk, room temperature
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 8 dosages Emblem Cannabis Oil*
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Caramel sauce to garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl mix together the sugar and lemon juice.
- Preheat a saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Add the sugar and stir immediately, continuing as the sugar quickly liquefies. Continue cooking as the liquid sugar transforms into a medium amber shade.
- Keep stirring as you slowly pour in the milk. The caramel may seize (form small chunks of sugar), but continue stirring and the liquid will smooth out once more.
- When the milk mixture comes to a simmer, remove the pan from the heat and add the chocolate. Whisk until the hot chocolate is smooth, and combined.
- Add a pinch of salt to taste, followed by your Emblem Cannabis Oil* and serve topped with whipped cream, cocoa powder, chocolate sauce or caramel sauce if desired.
*This recipe can be made by adding eight exact dosing to the saucepan before serving or by adding one dose to your cup. Make sure to thoroughly blend in the oil with a spoon.
Dosing remains highly individualized, and varies according to your symptoms and strength of the cannabis strain being used. As a general rule, try and maintain easily understood ratios between amounts of cannabis and butter or oil being infused. If your infused oil or butter is particularly strong, consider using only half infused and half non-infused, or whatever ratio works best for your specific needs. It’s incredibly important to keep your edibles out of reach of children or anyone else in your household who should not be using them. Make sure your edibles are properly marked and stashed safely away.
It is important to remember to always “start low and go slow.”
Determining your optimal dose requires careful consideration and guidance from a healthcare professional. It is best to consult with your healthcare provider in order to determine your individual dosage.