Infused Vegan Chili
February 28, 2019
Infused Vegan Chili
Spicy, savoury and satisfying, this vegan chili will satiate vegans and non-vegans alike. You can serve the recipe as is, or top with a combination of fresh cilantro, avocado slices, fresh jalapeños or a handful of tortilla chips.
Determining your optimal dose requires careful consideration and guidance from a healthcare professional. It is best to consult with your healthcare provider in order to determine your individual dose of oil before trying this recipe.
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely minced
- 1 tablespoon non-infused oil
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed
- 2 14-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 4.5 ounce can diced green chilies
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 2 green peppers, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Emblem cannabis oil
1. In a microwave safe bowl, soften 1 can of black beans in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
2. In a food processor or blender, combine the softened beans, salt, both peppers, chili powder, garlic powder, minced jalapeno and oil until the mixture is smooth.
3. Add the mixture to a large pot along with the second can of beans, diced green chilies, peppers, vegetable stock, onion, tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice. Stir over medium-low heat.
4. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes, or until it has reached your desired thickness.
5. Dish out a bowl, adding a single dose of Emblem cannabis oil as desired. Stir in the oil and add any additional toppings you would like.
Dosing remains highly individualized and varies according to your symptoms and strength of the cannabis strain being used. As a general rule, try and maintain easily understood ratios between amounts of cannabis and butter or oil being infused. If your infused oil or butter is particularly strong, consider using only half infused and half non-infused, or whatever ratio works best for your specific needs. It’s incredibly important to keep your edibles out of reach of children or anyone else in your household who should not be using them. Make sure your edibles are properly marked and stashed safely away.
It is important to remember to always “start low and go slow.”